THE TOP 10 COMMENTS OVERHEARD IN HEAVEN ON 10/30/03
10. "Hey, why is that hairy man shooting my Billy with a super-soaker"?
- Mother to friend at the "Little Wings" Daycare Center.
9. "This ought to be interesting."
- From somewhere in the back of the choir as the director asks newcomer to "just go ahead and try the solo part."
8. "Hey Jude, look at this. Some rookie just put in a request for a 4-day leave of absence starting November 20th in St. Louis of all places. Why on earth would he possibly want to go there?"
- Clerk at the celestial sabbatical processing center.
7. "Episcopalians to Honor/Toast Special Guest"
- Headline in "the Infinity," an underground rag.
6. "There goes the neighborhood."
- Longtime "resident" to wife while watching the new neighbor move in.
5. "I haven't heard Him greet someone with those two words "good & faithful" since that short little catholic lady arrived."
- Archangel Michael whispering to Gabriel.
4. "IS THERE NO LIMIT TO THIS WHOLE 'GRACE' THING?
- Professor to colleague in the cafeteria at the 1st Baptist Eternal Security Seminary upon hearing of Mike's arrival.
3. What's all the racket coming from the new arrivals section?!
- Supervisor upon arriving to "work" that day.
2. "Hey, I look like Mike!"
- Moses on encountering Mike on an unnamed golden street.
1. "WHAT A MESS!! GET IN HERE!"
- A 3rd shift gatekeeper named Pete.
Offered in honor and in the spirit of Mike Yaconelli
Jay Delp Productions